Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Lord of the Flies Q#1

what is the major theme of this novel?
why is this theme important to a teenager living in 2007?
■□■
The major theme of this novel is that all the humans have inner evilness, and the evilness is covered by the society. But when the society collapse the inner evilness comes out and that person will be out of control. And whenever that person is in danger, I think everyone has natural instinct to save themselves; to survive somehow. The reason why this theme is important to a teenager living in 2007 is that they should learn from this theme. I think it includes very deep and important meaning. What I think is that teenagers should learn how to control themselves. In these days teenagers are very uncontrollable and impulsive. They make decisions without thinking that much, and when things don't work out the way they wanted, they get disappointed easily. What I see is that they are not strong enough to live out the world. They are weak and frail like the boys in this story. Teenagers get distracted and drawn into something easily they are not good at making decisions. There are lots of temptations in this world; for example drug. So what I think teenagers should learn a lesson from this story’s theme to be strong and intelligent person. They should train themselves to be stronger to face the hardships in this society. This story teaches very important lesson for teenagers, because I’m also a teenager I have learned an important lesson from the boys’ behaviors. I won’t be like them even though I’m in circumstances like them, and they showed me what humans truly can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.